Friday, September 21, 2018

Update

Hi! I am in the process of adding a few links that may be of use to you. I have added a widget with links to statistical tools you can use to double check reported findings four yourself. Think of these as helpful for post-peer review. I will definitely vouch for statcheck. It works quite well. The others are newer, but look promising. SPRITE was one of the techniques used in the process of successfully scrutinizing Wansink's research (leading to over a dozen retractions and counting), which in and of itself makes it worth working with, in my humble opinion. Basically, we need to be able to look at findings and ask ourselves if they are genuinely plausible, or if some error or foul play may have been involved. I have also added some podcasts that I have found especially useful over the last several months, and hope to incite you all to give those a listen. Each is hosted by psychologists who are genuinely concerned with the current state of our science, and each will provoke a good deal of thought. If you are listening to these podcasts, you are missing out. I will keep adding resources as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment