Monday, October 29, 2018

Harbingers of the replication crisis

I am going to post a series of tweets by James Heathers (who if you are not following on Twitter, you are really missing out) highlighting a series of passages dating back over half a century. They serve as warnings that, had they been heeded, would have left many of my peers in my corner of the sciences feeling a lot different about the soundness of the work we cite in our own research and teach to students:

























Let's not only heed those who tried to warn us over a half century ago, but heed those who are warning us now. I will not be around in a half century, but I will be around long enough to suss out if we're going to be actually progressing as a science or if we are just going to run over the same old ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment