Friday, December 27, 2019

Data sleuthing made easy

You all know that I have done just a bit of data sleuthing here or there. I do so with no real fancy background in statistics. I have sufficient course work to teach stats courses at the undergraduate level, but I am no quantitative psychologist. So, I appreciate articles like How to Be a Statistical Detective. The author lays out some common problems and how any of us can use our already existing skills to detect those problems. I use some of these resources already, and am reasonably adept at using a calculator. I will likely add more links to these resources to this blog.

This article is behind a paywall, but I suspect my more enterprising readers already know how to obtain a copy. This article is fundamental reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment